Essence Of Buddhism The
This is a new book. Condition: Brand New.
This comprehensive guide to the Buddhist path from the Tibetan point of view is as accessible as it is complete. Traleg Kyabgon breaks the teachings down conveniently into the three traditional "vehicles," while never letting us forget that the point of all the Dharma is nothing other than insight into the mind and heart. Along the way he provides vivid definitions of fundamental Buddhist concepts such as compassion, emptiness, and Buddha-nature and answers common questions such as:
* Why does Buddhism teach that there is "no self"?
* Are Buddhist teachings pessimistic?
* Does Buddhism encourage social passivity?
* What is the role of sex in Buddhist tantra?
* Why is it said that samsara is nirvana?
* Does it take countless lifetimes to attain enlightenment, or can it be achieved in a moment?
Book details and technical specifications
Published: December 2014
Number of pages: 208
Width: 5.97 mm
Height: .56 mm
Depth: 8.98 mm
Publisher: not specified
This item is only on the shelf at the following Berkelouw bookshops. Please contact them directly to hold your copy.
Availability and price subject to change at any time.
+61 (0)2 9560 3200