MACQUARIE DICTIONARY EIGHTH EDITION
This is a new book. Condition: Brand New.
The Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition is nationally and internationally regarded as the standard reference on Australian English. An up-to-date account of our variety of English, it not only includes words and senses peculiar to Australian English, but also those common to the whole English-speaking world.
The Eighth Edition features:
- a comprehensive record of English as it is used in Australia today
- more than 3500 new entries such as algorithmic bias, cancel culture, deepfake, eco-anxiety, hygge, influencer, Me Too, ngangkari, single-use, social distancing
- thousands of updated entries to reflect changing perspectives relating to the environment, politics, technology and the internet
- illustrative phrases showing how a word is used in context
- words and phrases from regional Australia
- etymologies of words and phrases
- extensive usage notes
- foreword by Kim Scott, multi-award-winning novelist.
Book details and technical specifications
Published: July 2020
Number of pages: 1792
Width: 230 mm
Height: 316 mm
Depth: 100 mm
Publisher: MacQuarie Library Pty.Ltd