Year of Simple Family Food, A
This is a new book. Condition: Brand New.
SHORTLISTED FOR ABIA ILLUSTRATED BOOK OF THE YEAR 2021
Family food is generous, unfussy and demonstrates love and care. No matter what busyness the day brings, the act of setting the table and enjoying a simple meal together is comforting and ever-reassuring.
Eating simply and seasonally is at the core of Julia Busuttil Nishimura's recipes.
Whether it's a cooling coffee granita to start a summer's day or the comfort of a hearty baked maccheroni in darkest winter, this is the kind of food you will want to share with your loved ones throughout the year.
The dishes in this book are brought to life by great ingredients. There are plenty of quick recipes and some that require more time to bubble away on the stove. Overall, they are linked by taste and pleasure, and making the most of seasonal produce. This is generous, delicious food that the whole family will love, all year round.
- Crepes with whipped ricotta
- Slow-roasted tomatoes with mint and mozzarella
- Spaghetti with fennel and prawns
- Apricot and berry galette
- Granola with poached plums
- Spiced split lentil soup with fried eggplant
- Miso roast chicken
- Blackberry and apple pudding
- Lentil and maple-roasted carrot salad
- Japanese braised pork
- Dark chocolate, walnut and oat cookies
- Tokyo-style French toast
- Silverbeet and ricotta malfatti with brown butter sauce
- Lamb and green bean stew
- Simple butter cake with raspberries
Book details and technical specifications
Format: Paperback / softback
Published: August 2020
Number of pages: 256
Width: 260 mm
Height: 192 mm
Depth: 23 mm
Publisher: Pan Macmillan Australia
This item is only on the shelf at the following Berkelouw bookshops. Please contact them directly to hold your copy.
Availability and price subject to change at any time.