Macquarie Concise Dictionary Eighth Edition
This is a new book. Condition: Brand New.
The Macquarie Concise Dictionary, Eighth Edition provides an up-to-date reference of Australian English, with wide coverage to meet the needs of the general dictionary user. Based on the comprehensive Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition, this volume includes words and meaning which are peculiar to our variety of English, as well as those common to the whole English-speaking world.
The Macquarie Concise Dictionary includes:
- more than 2000 new words and definitions such as algorithmic bias, cancel culture, deepfake, eco-anxiety, hygge, influencer, Me Too, ngangkari, single-use, social distancing
- updated entries to reflect changing perspectives relating to the environment, politics, technology and the internet
- words and phrases from regional Australia
- illustrative phrases showing how a word is used in context
- valuable usage notes
- free six-month subscription to Macquarie Dictionary Online (www.macquariedictionary.com.au)
Book details and technical specifications
Format: Paperback / softback
Published: August 2020
Number of pages: 1456
Width: 181 mm
Height: 241 mm
Depth: 58 mm
Publisher: MacQuarie Library Pty.Ltd
This item is only on the shelf at the following Berkelouw bookshops. Please contact them directly to hold your copy.
Availability and price subject to change at any time.